The Perfect Interview Dress – My 2nd SewDollyClackett Entry!

Hi again!

Today I also want to show you my second entry in the Sew Dolly Clackett contest! Here it is:


The Perfect Interview Dress, Vintage Green Leather Purse, Lola Ramona Leopard Angie P Shoes

I LOVE this dress! It’s so soft and comfy and I feel great in it! πŸ™‚

I used the same pattern as the Groovy Girls dress, but with a dirndl skirt instead of an A-line skirt. πŸ™‚


The fabric is a lovely soft cotton with a flower print and it’s vintage too! My mother bought it in the late 80’s to sew some curtains, but never did. I’m so happy I got to make a dress of it instead! πŸ™‚

Here’s the back:


There is absolutely NOTHING I would change in this dress! I learned from my previous mistakes and drafted a facing for the neckline and just stitched the armholes down with some tiny slip stitches. πŸ™‚


The green leather purse was bought by my grandmother in the early 50’s when she was working at a portfolio factory. I don’t know if she sewed just this exact purse, because she told me she mostly made suitcases.

Here’s a better view of my shoes:


Yesterday had such lovely sunshine!


Just strollin’ with the lawnmower…Β 


This is my absolute favourite dress so far! I love it! ❀

Have a great day! πŸ™‚


The Groovy Girls Dress – My 1st SewDollyClackett Entry


Today I want to show you my first entry in the Sew Dolly Clackett Contest! I was so happy when this contest was announced because I love Roisin’s style πŸ™‚


The Groovy Girls Dress and Missoni for Lindex flats

I actually wanted to use By Hand London’s Anna dress pattern, but I was afraid it wouldn’t arrive quickly enough, so I decided to make my own version of the pattern.

So I went serching through all of my patterns and in the end I landed on the Portrait Blouse pattern from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing. I used the drafting instructions for the Chantilly Lace version of the blouse, and I also lenghtened the tucks by ca. 7cm in the front (I left the back tucks original) and shortened the bodice pattern pieces by cutting them off at the waist. I also drafted the A-line skirt pattern and Β moved the zipper placement from the side to the back.

Here’s the back of the dress:


Finding the right fabric was the most fun part! I was thinking a long time about some fabric choices and actually cut out a dress in a lovely cotton with flowers.

But I couldn’t resist my old curtains (I had them when I was about 10 years old), and decided to give them a go. Β And I must say, I quite like it! πŸ™‚

Of course there is some things I would change, and plan to do some day, like replacing the self-fabric bias tape with facings in the neckline and armholes.

Here’s a better picture of my shoes:


I wanted to match my shoes to the striped trousers on the girl to the right πŸ™‚

It sure was a windy day when we were taking these pictures. My hair is all messy!


Next up: My 2nd entry!

Happy Tuesday!